Cellena ® Microencapsulator is based on the immobilization of cells within a semipermeable membrane that protects them from mechanical stress and immunological responses, allowing the bidirectional diffusion of nutrients, oxygen and secretory products including waste.
Cellena® is an user-friendly equipment for biotechnological research based on the Flow Focusing® technology developed by Ingeniatrics S.L. Cellena® allows homogeneous encapsulation of cells/organisms under sterile conditions and selecting the particle size as required by each specific application.
- Cellular susceptibility studies.
- Discovery of new strong activity molecules.
- Fast monitoring cell growth.
- Accelerated microbial analysis in microcolonies.
- Cell therapy preventing immune reaction or inflammation.
- Accelerated antibiograms.
- Bioreactors: Protecting cells from shear stress in stirred reactors.
- Biotransformation: Immobilization of microbes and enzymes.
- Feeder cells: Allowing them to grow and be productive.
- Enzymes and biologicals microencapsulation.
- Bacteria and algae protection from environment.
- Controlled positioning.
- Culture of difficult-to-grow microorganisms.
- Encapsulation of individual or bulk quantities of cells (bacteria, yeast and human cells) under sterile conditions in very small particles sizes without losing viability.
- Semipermeable biocompatible matrixes
- Microcapsules are small, spherical and monodisperse in size, allowing analysis in flow cytometers.
- Selectable particle size: direct generation of equal particles from 90 µm to 460 µm.
- Encapsulation in alginate capsules is reversible, as cells can be liberated by treatment with citrate
- Disposable nozzle available for each particle size range (no autoclave needed)
- Used for phenotypic microbial analyses, including expression of specific characters or growth related phenotypes.
- Proliferation inside particles can be detected by monitoring optical complexity, without requiring fluorescent labeling.
Dimensions (L x W x H) ft/cm 306 mm x 406 mm x 110 mm Temperature range 5 ºC – 40 ºCPump Specifications Accuracy ±0.5% Reproducibility ±0.1% Syringe (Min/Max) 0.5 μl/ 50/60 ml Minimum 0.001 μl/hr (with 0.5 μl syringe (0.103 mm diam.)) Maximum 44.283 ml/min (with 50/60 ml syringe (26.7 mm diam.)) Linear force (Max) 25 lbs (peak min.)Air pressure system Specifications Pressure range Inlet pressure (Min – Max) 2 – 5 bar Outlet pressure (Min – Max) 0.001 – 0.9 bar (1 – 900 mbar) Accuracy ±0.15% typical / ±0.25% maximum best straight line (BSL) definitionStirrer Specifications Speed (Min – Max) 60 – 1000 rpm Accuracy ±0.5%Microcapsules size is pre-selectable in the range of 95 μm to 460 μm. The object particle size is dependent upon the nebulizer size. There are four Cellena Nebulizer sizes designated in different colors: Color Nebulizer ParticleSize 200 μm 95 – 120 μm 350 μm 160 – 190 μm 500 μm 270 – 350 μm 700 μm 360 – 460 μm
AP – PC1010 Air Compressor KT-5450 Nozzle Kit: 5 sterile nozzles (same size) KT-5451 Nozzle Kit: 5 sterile nozzles (different size) RS-5732 Sterile Nozzle (200 μm) RS-5733 Sterile Nozzle (350 μm) RS-5734 Sterile Nozzle (500 μm) RS-5735 Sterile Nozzle (700 μm)