Yeast cell technology avoids the requirement for chemical, enzymatic or mechanical means to break yeast cell envelopes. The EASYEAST strain series are provided of mutations that allow conditionally fragile cell wall. The main advantage of this system is that intracellular proteins can be released in an easy and efficient way by growth in low osmotic media at moderate temperature (37ºC). High density cultures can also be achieved.
- No need for enzymatic or chemical treatment.
- No need for specialized equipment.
- Large-scale production of cytoplasmic proteins in yeasts.
- Heteromultimeric protein production.
- Bio-assays in yeast for drug discovery.
- High-throughput protein expression/purification with purification tags.