pUT mini-Tn5 System
The mini-Tn5 are mobile elements able to transpose to the chromosome from a delivery plasmid, by means of the transposase activity encoded by the tnp* gene, which is present in cis in the plasmid but external to the mini-Tn5 element. pUT mini-Tn5 vectors can be used to insert any DNA fragment in the bacterial chromosome, by cloning it within the mini-Tn5 region. Due to the loss of the tnp* gene after insertion, minitransposons are stably integrated into the chromosome and inherited. The different pUTmini-Tn5 vectors can then be used for repeated insertion events and therefore multiple insertions in the same strain are only limited by the availability of distinct selection markers.
- Easy and stable insertion of heterologous DNA in the chromosome of the strain of interest, after few simple genetic manipulations.
- Wide range of inserted fragment sizes.
- Possibility of multiple insertions in the same strain.
- Easy modification of the cloning vector.
- Use of cleavage sites of the rare cutters NotI and SfiI.
- Wide range of Gram negative recipient strains.
Some of the most common applications of pUTmini-Tn5 vectors are:
- Insertional mutagenesis.
- Promoter probing.
- Generation of conditional phenotypes and non-polar mutations.
- Analysis of transcriptional terminators.
- Environmental applications: tagging with marker genes for monitoring of released microorganisms and/or transcriptional regulation in the environment.
Related Strains BS-3233 E. coli DH5a lpir Stab BS-3234 E. coli S17-1 lpir Stab BS-3303 E. coli SM10 lpir Stab BS-3236 E. coli DH5a(pRK2013) Stab BS-3263 E. coli DH5a(pRK2073) Stab KT-4694 E. coli DH5a Competent Cells Set 12 vials of 0.2 ml and pUC18Not Related Reagents RS-3215 TSS solution – 20 reactions 1.5 ml RS-3216 TSS solution – 100 reactions 1.5 ml x 5 RS-3217 Ampicillin 5 g RS-3305 Ampicillin 25g RS-3306 Ampicillin 100g RS-3218 Chloramphenicol 5 g RS-3307 Chloramphenicol 100g RS-3315 Erythromycin 5g RS-3327 Erythromycin 100g RS-3328 Gentamycin 1g RS-3329 Gentamycin 5g RS-3219 Kanamycin 5 g RS-3221 Streptomycin 5 g RS-3310 Streptomycin 25g RS-3220 Tetracycline 5 g RS-3308 Tetracycline 25g RS-3309 Tetracycline 100g RS-3222 Potassium Tellurite 1 g RS-3311 Potassium Tellurite 5g